Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to eat healthy this year? Try new foods by introducing better-for-you ingredients like coconut oil into your cooking, subbing it for less-healthy cooking oils. You can also use your favorite ingredients in new ways. Eating a variety of foods helps prevent unhealthy eating that can result from boredom. This scrumptious recipe is easy-peasy. Your family will absolutely L.O.V.E. it!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup each chopped red bell pepper & broccoli florets
- 3 ounces cooked medium shrimp (peeled, deveined; frozen, thawed is OK)
- ½ cup cooked wild rice (fluffy, not packed)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
In a medium pan, stir together 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ½ teaspoon minced garlic, ¼ cup low-sodium vegetable broth, and 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Add ½ cup each chopped red bell pepper and broccoli florets, saute until broccoli is slightly tender. Add 3 ounces cooked medium shrimp and ½ cup cooked wild rice and heat through. Serve shrimp mixture over 1 cup of baby spinach leaves.
Option: Toss shrimp mixture with spinach, chill for at least 30 minutes, and serve cold.