I try to cook salmon once a week, and have to admit that this recipe is my staple. It only takes 15 minutes and serves 4 people. It’s healthy, easy and so delish!
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1 ¼ -lb. skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small seedless cucumber, cut into ½-in. pieces
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 15-oz. can lentils, rinsed
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, chopped
Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes per side; transfer to plates.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, remaining 2 Tbsp oil and ½ tsp each salt and pepper. Add the celery, cucumber and red onion and toss to coat. Fold in the lentils and parsley. Serve with the salmon.
Switch it Up!
** For a vegetarian meal, omit the salmon and fold 4 cups baby spinach or arugula and 1 Granny Smith apple (cut into ½ in. pieces) into the lentil mixture.