My all-time favorite salad recipe is found in Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook. It’s easy breezy and so delicious (double bonus!!).
Arugula with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh arugula (3 large bunches)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4-pound chunk very good Goat Cheese (Ina recommends aged Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese).
- If the arugula has roots attached, cut them off. Fill the sink with cold water and toss the arugula for a few minutes to clean. Spin-dry the leaves and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place the salad on individual plates.
- Arrange chunks of goat cheese on the arugula.